Since its launching in 1996, Savanna Premium Cider has won the hearts and funny bones of consumers with its crisp and dry cider in a uniquely shaped bottle and its witty sense of humour.
HERE ARE 7 INTERESTING FACTS YOU DIDN’T KNOW SAVANNA CIDER:
01. The cider is available in over 60 countries including Botswana, Lesotho, Namibia, Canada, and others.
02. It is South Africa’s leading cider export and the third-largest cider brand in the world.
03. The cider is brewed, matured and made from crushed the Granny Smith Apples grown in the Elgin Valley of the fertile Western Cape Province, South Africa.
04. The production takes place in the apple cider plant in Paarl. The whole process takes about 2 weeks and during this period, the product is run through a micro-filtration process where it is triple filtered and double chilled.
05. Savanna is available in five variations: Savanna Dry, Savanna Light, Savanna Angry Lemon, Savanna Chilled Chilli, and Savanna Non-alcoholic.
06. To stand apart from other brands, Savanna was packed in a clear 340ml bottle, and was the first cider to move away from traditional beer-like packaging.
07. Currently owned by Distell — Africa’s leading producer of spirits, wines, ciders and ready-to-drinks — which was recently bought by Heineken, Dutch multinational brewing company which owns over 165 breweries in more than 70 countries.
Get South Africa’s latest entrepreneurial or business success stories delivered right to your inbox — Sign up to Entrepreneur Hub SA’s newsletter today